Our General English courses aim to improve your ability to use English by developing your core language skills – speaking, listening, writing and reading. As well as developing your English skills for international communication, we also include lots of natural, (British) English, drawing on the local area and British culture.
A large part of language development is confidence; this is why we designed our lessons to build your confidence and provide you with lots of opportunities to use the English you are learning.
Choose how many hours a week you would like to study depending on the intensity that you would like to study at.
- General English Course – 15 hours
- Intensive English Course – 20 hours (choose the skills classes that you want to specialise in)
- Super Intensive English Course – 30 hours (choose the skills classes that you want to specialise in)
A QUICK GLANCE
|Level||Beginner (CEFR A1) to Advance (CEFR C1)|
|Class Hours||15, 20 or 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday|
|Time||Morning or Afternoon|
|Course Duration||2 – 45 weeks|
|Start Date||Any Monday (Tuesday on Bank Holidays)|
|Class Size||Max 15|
Your progress is assessed every two weeks by your class teacher. You will also have a tutorial every 4 weeks, when you can discuss your progress one-to-one with your teacher.
When you are ready, you will progress to the next level that is appropriate for you. We usually expect you to spend 10-12 weeks in one level, but it depends on the individual.
ADDITIONAL SKILL COURSES
- Conversation and pronunciation practice
- Exam preparation (IELTS and Cambridge)
- English for Business Success (* additional fees may apply)