Notes for Parents and Guardians of students 16+
Global London College primarily cater for students over 18 years old. Whilst we welcome students over 16, it should be understood that we do not provide 24 hour supervision.
• Students 16+ will study in classes with adults
• Students under 18 can take courses at GLC in the UK, and must book accommodation with GLC. All students
16+ will be accommodated in homestay through Britannia agency where the main carer will have had an
enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check and other adult members of the household will have
signed a Children’s Act declaration
• Your child will travel between the college and the host family unsupervised.
• Your child will not be supervised during their free time, e.g. between the end of their lessons at the college
and returning to their homestay.
• The college has designated times for students 16+ years old to return to their homestay in the evening.
This information can be found on our parental consent forms which will be provided by our college office at
the time of booking.
• The college’s social programme is not compulsory, nor is it specifically designed for this age group. Certain
activities are not suitable for students under 18. The college does aim, however, to provide a number of
evening activities which are suitable for under-18s. All college social activities are supervised by college staff
who can assist the students attending the activity. However it should be understood that students attending
evening social events are expected to arrange their own travel home. We strongly advise all students 16+
to return to their homestay with a friend, or preferably by taxi, particularly when it is dark. You can see
examples of the social programme on our web site (Under services/social-programme) at
• You should ensure that your child has sufficient money to pay for lunches at the college, and for
transportation in and around the city. For guidance, you can view our Student Budget guides on our website
(Under services/student budget) at
• All students 16+ entering the UK MUST have a return airport taxi transfer, unless they are
travelling with a named relative. All students 16+ must bring a completed parental travel consent form
with them.This is available on our website or from the college office upon request when booking.
Reviewed 3rd May 2014