1. Minimium age for enrolment is 16+, unless otherwise specified in the course description.
2. Enrolment on a course at the College constitutes a binding agreement on the student to attend all classes, lectures and examinations, and abide and comply by the College rules and regulations.
As a student you will also be expected to submit all written work before the deadline and pay the prescribed registration fees, charges and any additional fees before the specified deadline.
3. Applicants who satisfy entry requirements and pay the tuition fees will receive a unconditional offer letter to study at the College.
4. Students must initially pay a non-refundable Administration fee of £500. This is followed by payment of the advanced Tuition fees upon acceptance by the College. An additional £330 is payable by ACCA students before their CAS can be issued.
5. Fees and charges must be paid in full to the College in London directly, Students will not be permitted to commence the respective course or semester until fees and charges are paid in full. Do not pay any agent or person any money whatsoever. We will not accept liability.
6. Outstanding Tuition fees can be paid by instalments with agreement from the Admission Office.
7. If a student’s application for a Visa is refused, the college will refund the student’s tuition fees less £500 Administration charge, provided all the following conditions are met:
a) The student has not entered the U.K.
b) The student provides the College with the original “Refusal Letter” issued by the British Embassy / High Commission and the copy of the refusal stamp in the passport. The college will then forward the same to the Embassy for verification.
c) That no false documents were submitted.
d) Where a Student has lodged an appeal, the fees will only be refunded after the College receives documentary evidence that the appeal has been dismissed.
e) The original Letter of Acceptance and the receipt for fees paid must be returned to the College.
f ) Application for refunds must be in writing. Any refunds payable under this policy will be made within 8 weeks of receiving the written refund application.
g ) Refunds will be paid by chque or bank transfer for currently enrolled students.
8. You are also advised to read the Tier 4 application guidelines very carefully regarding the submission of proof of maintenance (bank statements).
If your application is unsuccessful because of reasons for which you are responsible, we will NOT issue another CAS nor will your fee be refunded.
9. Anyone who provides false documents to Global London College (GLC) or the UKBA with their VISA application will have their application terminated and will not receive a refund.
10. Additionally, students who do not score ten points from the UKBA for their financial statements will not be eligible for a refund.
11. If an applicant has used deception such as submitting a false document to the UKBA or British High Commission for getting UK Entry Clearance, they will not be eligible for any refund. In this case, the applicant has breached UK immigration law and Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to terminate his application and the student is not eligible for any refund. The use of deception will lead to automatic refusal of all future applications for 10 years.
12. For courses leading to qualifications awarded by the ATHE, IAM, BCS, OTHM, ACP, IMIS, CTH etc, student must pay Registration and Examination fees directly to the awarding body before the specified deadline.
13. The College endeavours to start each course on the specified date, and reserves the right to delay, modify or withdraw any course after the published start date for any reason without prior notice. An alternative course or subject will be made available or a pro-rata refund of the course fees returned.
14.The College takes attendance extremely seriously. Overseas students (non-EEA) on a student Visa must attend a minimum of 15 hours full-time per week, and where attendance is less than 85% the College will not issue an Attendance Certificate .
15. If a student is absent through ill health, a medical certificate must be supplied.
16. The college will not tolerate any student in breach of UKBA rules. If the student stops attending we will not fail to withdraw the student from the College.
17. Students must notify the college immediately if there is any change in personal details to those provided in the Application Form.
18. The information in the College’s prospectus is correct at the time of going to press and Students are advised to contact the college to confirm course availability and fees.
19. If a student supplies false information at any stage, their CAS / Visa will not be accepted or valid.
20. The information supplied in the Application Form will be used by the College for enrolment and reporting purposes,and some of the information will be stored on the College computer system. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to personal information we collect from you. We will only use personal information you supply to us for the reason that you provided it for. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil that purpose. We will not pass your information to any other parties unless this is made clear to you at the time you supplied it. All employees and contractors who have access to your personal data or are associated with handling of the data are obliged to respect your confidentiality.
21. The student should only pay the fees directly to College and should not pay fees to a third party. Fees should be paid by bankers draft or electronic funds transfer. We have not authorised any agent / third party to collect any monies from our students.
22. Students are required to comply with Home Office regulations regarding attendance. If a student`s attendance falls below the expected rate, Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to terminate the student`s course.
23. Students must take all tests and complete all assignments that are part of the course.
24. Students should arrive for lessons on time as late arrival at the start of the class or after breaks is disruptive to the class as a whole. Late entry to a class is at the discretion of Global London College (GLC).
25. Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to suspend, expel and refuse admission to any student without refund in the event of misconduct, unsatisfactory attendance or work.
26.Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to cancel a course batch in case the total number of students enrolled is 5 or less. Under such circumstances, students can be transferred to other courses or to the next available course batch.
27. Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to alter courses, course fees, timetables or location of study at its sole discretion.
28. Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to split or merge a class at any time.
29. Global London College (GLC) reserves the right to change the teacher of each class at any time. Global London College (GLC) is an equal opportunities employer and as such employs native as well as non-native speaker teachers. B2 and above classes are only taught by native speakers.
30. All fees must be received before commencement of the course.
31. When paying by bank transfer, students are responsible for all bank charges.
32. All refund applications must be submitted within 4 weeks of the Visa refusal date or course start date, whichever is earlier. Failure to do so may lead to the application being refused.
33. Students are required to inform the college with documentary evidence before the course start date if they are unable to start the course on time. In such cases students may be deferred to the next available course. Students unable to join the next available course will have their registrations cancelled without any refund and will be required to make a fresh application for the next course.
34. Books are not included in course fees. Students are expected to buy a course-book. Students may choose to also buy a workbook as well as some supplementary materials (your teacher will advis you).
35. Course fees do not include travel expenses, accommodation, social programme events, external examination fees, personal and health insurance, bank charges or course materials (e.g. books, cassettes, photocopies, pens, pencils and paper).
36. Accommodation bookings should be made at least four weeks in advance.
37. The length of permissible holidays varies with the length of the Course. Holidays may be taken at any time by arrangement but we require at least two weeks` prior notice.
38. The dates indicated in the Global London College (GLC) holiday schedule are included into students` holiday period.
39. Global London College (GLC) will keep student records on its computerized database. It is the student`s responsibility to keep us informed of all changes in personal circumstances.
40. Anyone who submits false documents to either the College or the UK Border Agency with their Visa application shall have their application terminated immediately and no money shall be refunded.
41. It is mandatory for all students to notify the college if there is a change in any of the following:
» change of telephone number.
» change of email address.
» changes of address in the UK and / or the student`s home country.
» changes to next of kin contact details (contact name, telephone numbers for emergencies).
42. Global London College (GLC) will not be held responsible for changes introduced by the Home Office which might affect a student`s status.
43. Global London College (GLC) will not be held responsible for loss or damage to private property. Global London College (GLC) will not be held responsible for any post that is lost or delayed.
44. All students are expected to behave in a respectful and orderly manner. Any aggressive or violent behaviour and / or abusive or threatening language directed towards a member of staff or fellow students and / or wilful damage to Global London College (GLC)`s property is considered to be gross misconduct. In the case of such misconduct, students will be held personally responsible for any costs or criminal charges their behaviour incurs.
45. Global London College (GLC) is not responsible for providing parking or storage for students. This includes bicycles, which should be parked outside Global London College (GLC) at the owner`s risk.
46. No smoking on Global London College (GLC)`s premises.
47. All mobile phones must be switched off during lessons.
48. Photographs may occasionally be taken of students for use on Global London College (GLC) promotional / publicity material. Global London College (GLC) reserves the rights to all photographs which may be used in any way Global London College (GLC) feels is appropriate for advertising purposes. Global London College (GLC) holds the copyright to all such photographs.
49. It is Global London College (GLC)`s policy not to divulge any personal details of students to a third party, other than to the appropriate authorities, without the students` prior written consent.
50. Students are advised to arrange private medical and travel insurance prior to leaving their country.
51. The website may provide links to third party websites. Global London College (GLC) is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of such external websites and therefore cannot be held responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with the use of these sites.
52. All overseas students are required to pay their college tuition fees in full before arrival in the UK, Failure to do so will result in their sponsorship being withdrawn.
53. All overseas students are required to inform the college two weeks in advance before their arrival, in case they are arriving after the latest course start date. Failure to do so will result in them being charged an extra amount of £300 if they wish to be accepted for the course of study even after the latest start date, or they wish to be deferred to the next intake for the same course of study.
Please make sure that you are familiar with our terms and conditions of enrolment at Global London College. We assume that you have read and agreed to these terms when you enrol with us.