HOMEWORK / EXTRA-CURRICULAR
Lecture skills: Taking notes 6pm
You are going to hear a public lecture in Gresham College (5 mins from GLC) called:
BBC: Defending Public Interest
Discuss the following questions in pairs or small groups:
· What do you know about the BBC?
· Compare it to the media in your country.
· What do you think is meant by “defending public interest”,
and how does this relate to the BBC?
· Is there anything you would like to find out in the lecture?
Take notes. Use the key you have been given for symbols and abbreviations. Be careful with how you organise your notes.
• Give the notes to your teacher to check.
• Write a short summary of the main points from the lecture.
• Discuss in small groups: a) What you have learnt and b)
• whether you agree with the speaker’s opinion.
• Based on your teacher’s feedback, how can your notes be improved?