Pearson BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Edexcel is one of Pearson’s leading brands, offering academic and vocational qualifications to more than 25,000 schools and colleges in over 100 countries worldwide. The Pearson BTEC suite of qualifications are available from entry level to level 7, they are highly regarded and recognised by employers and higher education institutes all over the world.
In addition to providing comprehensive knowledge of each of the major business functions, Pearson BTEC programmes place a strong emphasis on practical skills development that ensures that the students have the widest range of career, employment and higher education options open to them on successful completion of their studies.
The Pearson BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is a 120-credit qualification that consists of three mandatory units plus eight optional units that provide for a combined total of 120 credits.
3 Mandatory Units
- Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills
- Professional Development for Strategic Managers
- Strategic Change Management
8 Specialist Units
- Creative and Innovative Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Developing Successful Business Teams
- Research Methods for Strategic Managers
- Strategic Planning
- Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
- Strategic Supply Chain Management and Logistics
The College will need to review the profile of qualifications and/or experience held by applicants, considering whether this profile shows an ability to progress to a higher level qualification.
- The minimum age for this programme is 19 years and above.
- English language proficiency equivalent to at least IELTS 6.5 for all students who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English.
- Subject relevant Honours Degree or equivalent or;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a strategic management role
The Pearson BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma is a highly recognised qualification in most UK Universities and will serve as an excellent route for students who wish to progress to an MBA and Doctorate level programme.
The Pearson BTEC qualifications are internationally recognised by a wide range of businesses and will prepare learners for employment by opening doors to many well recognised and high profile companies.
If you do not wish to study the full 11 units, you may select one or more units as a stand–alone qualification and still receive a certificate of accreditation from Edexcel. This is an excellent option for you to gain a qualification at your own pace along flexible routes.
The following options are available:
- Pearson BTEC Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership (consists of one mandatory unit)
- Pearson BTEC Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership (consists of one mandatory plus one optional unit)
- Pearson BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership (consists of three mandatory plus three optional units)
On successful completion of any of the above qualifications, you can progress to the next level of a Pearson BTEC Professional Qualification.
Registration is the process which formalises entry to the awarding body for Learners for a qualification of a programme subject and level. Certification is the process of claiming a certificate in recognition of a Learners achievement of a qualification. Registration and Certification Fees are included in the tuition fee.
Assessment of Pearson BTEC Professional Programmes is by assignment, typically one or two assignments per unit. These assignments will vary and include a mix of formal reports, presentations and practical tasks, but there will no formal exams.
All units will be individually graded as ‘pass’. To achieve the full extended diploma, you must pass all 11 units.