More than language learning
At Global London College we offer a complete package ensuring you have everything you need for a successful and enjoyable period of study. We offer you a wide choice of accommodation options for all needs and budgets, transfers to and from our college, social activities.
When you arrive at Global London College, you will receive:
- Welcome, induction and orientation on your first day
- Placement test and individual assessment of your language level and needs
- An introduction to your fellow students and our college support team
- Detailed information on your college, areas of local interest, and facilities available
- Regular counselling sessions with your teacher, allowing you to influence the content of your programme
- Free access to internet and email facilities, allowing you to keep in touch with friends and family
- Induction to our modern Self-Access and multimedia resources to help you continue your learning in your free time
- Dedicated Student Support and Welfare Services and 24 hour emergency support line
- An exciting and varied social programme, encouraging you to make friends and explore
Support and Welfare
Our staff are here to help and support you from the moment you arrive in our college, to the day you return home. Our welfare officer will ensure your safety and well-being, while your personal tutor will help you with your studies and can advise you on your future career or educational life. You will also receive a 24-hour telephone number for use outside school hours.
We understand how important your accommodation is and this is why we offer you a wide choice at GLC. You can find an overview of the accommodation types we offer.
Please click here → Accommodation or you can find details of the options available at GLC on the accommodation page.
To make your journey as comfortable as possible, we can arrange for a taxi service to greet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation. You can also book one for your journey home.
We have also prepared travel guides to help you travel by public transport,
Please click here→ Airport Transfers
Having the right medical, travel and course fees insurance is a really important part of international study and we ask that all students arrange this before they come to study with us.
Global London College has partnerships with HSBC and Barclays Bank in the UK, enabling you to quickly open a bank account when you get here! All your international student insurance needs can be arranged through your new UK bank account as well.
Our social and excursion programmes are designed to help you have fun, make friends, practise your English, and explore the city and country you are living in. At GLC we have offer a variety of activities during the week and at weekends available depending on student demand. Go ten pin bowling, visiting pubs, or a day trip to Windsor castle.
You can view a sample of the social programmes at our adult centres click here.→ Social Programme
Complaints and Discipline
You can read our Complaints and Disciplinary policies
Please click here→ GLC Complaints Procedure and GLC Disciplinary code
Equality and Discrimination
You can read about our Equality and Discrimination policy please click here→ GLC Equality and Discrimination
Under 18s at Global London College
Our Global London College is primarily designed for students aged 16 and under 18s . Please visit our 16+ page for information about studying at the college if you are younger than 18.